Guitar, bass and ukulele lessons in Highland at an affordable price from an experienced instructor!
My name is Gary Argyle, I have been teaching guitar for eight years from my studio in Highland, UT as well as being an instructor at the Utah School of Music, Best In Music Education Center and Art City Music Academy.
I studied music at Utah Valley University, where I received the Exceptional Performance Scholarship for Guitar and played in the Jazz Band and Classical Guitar Ensemble. I currently play with post-rock instrumental bands Velocirapture, acoustic-rock outfit Dinosaur Kisses, as well as playing music for The Grassroots Shakespeare Company, where I am also on the Board of Directors. I have taught all ages, levels and styles as well as music theory, songwriting, group classes and rock band coaching.
Structured and customized lessons available
- Fundamentals of harmony and rhythm with chords and chordal embellishments
- Fundamentals of melody including scales and improvising/soloing
- Music theory with playing pieces and exercises to put a working knowledge of theory onto the fretboard
- Duet pieces for development of playing with other musicians
- Repertoire pieces for development of performance abilities
- Any and all of your favorite songs!
- Songwriting, accompaniment part-writing
- Special techniques, weird and cool effects
- Arranging/covering (be a Youtube star!)
- Anything else you can think of!
I put on two concerts a years to give students the opportunity to perform their pieces. It is not mandatory, but definitely a lot of fun!
You won't find this type of experience at these rates anywhere else!
- $25 per half hour lesson
- $40 per hour lesson
- $25 for first student, $20 for every student thereafter
- $80 (extra) per month for in-home lessons (I will travel to your house!)
- $50 for a full hour, minimum two students. $10 for each student thereafter.
Call or text Gary now to schedule a FREE trial lesson!